Putting together an inbound marketing programme requires a whole set of skills. An inbound partner can provide all of these.
If you are reading this, we suspect that you see inbound marketing as the way forward for marketing professionals who understand their new role as demand generators and lead managers. If you have been studying inbound marketing, you will also realise there is a whole set of essential skill sets, without which you’re unlikely to be able to run an optimal inbound marketing programme.
To run a program completely in-house you would have to hire a team of flexible and talented marketers with a diverse skill set. Let’s face it, how could someone who’s great at creative design also be an analytical SEO expert?
Here are some of those essential skill sets needed to run a comprehensive inbound marketing (and sales!) program across your organisation.
Strategy & planning
- Conversant with both sales and marketing functions.
- Understands marketing personas, key propositions and how to differentiate.
- Completer-finisher who keeps everyone on track.
- Always thinking ahead, making sure there are no surprises.
- Can cope with change based on campaign feedback/analytics.
- Familiar with the broad rules of the English language (C21st not C19th).
- Very quick to assimilate raw content and turn into prose.
- Can produce own copy or optimise others’.
- Used to constant demand of deadlines. Knows exactly what tone and register will appeal to their audience.
Social and earned media
- Understands what is available and searching for new.
- Can shape and create content for each channel.
- Knows when and how to respond.
- Aware of the latest social media trends and knows exactly how to exploit them.
- Creative soul but with their feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Designs to fit a purpose rather than just looking good.
- Brings an extra dimension to landing pages and calls-to-action.
- Able to work in a wide variety of styles to suit a diverse range of projects.
- Nothing should thrill the developer more than an online asset they have developed bringing in new business.
- Working closely with both the designer and the strategist the developer steers a course between purpose and good looks.
- Able to optimise content to work (and look great) on a variety of devices.
- The more analytics the better for this technical team member.
- They need to know how to analyse performance and recommend tactics and strategies for optimising content provided by the Editor.
- Able to turn complex, quantitative data into actions for the team.
Once a person has engaged with you through your website or an email then you should be placing them in a nurturing campaign based on their original enquiry.
The automation expert can take a follow-up process and make it happen while you get on with your everyday work. It is like running an individual marketing campaign for everyone who interacts with your website.
Why Toast Inbound?
Each person in our team has been recruited from business marketing roles to bring their experience and a set of digital marketing skills. Some love analysing data on websites or contacts and producing recommendations to the content producers. Content-oriented staff combine SEO research with copywriting experience to build content that creates results. Inbound marketing strategists devise and implement campaigns for clients using all the digital marketing tools and techniques relevant to the target personas and market sector.
If you are looking for an inbound marketing agency to get you started or would like to engage an agency with the skill sets that they don’t have the headcount to recruit, we are more than happy to help.
Contact us to find out more